Thursday, June 9, 2011

Domesticated Set List (Part 2)


Exhausted? Yup. Happy? You bet! The London Free Press just gave us excellent converge of tomorrows show at The London Music Club. The shows are going great, everyone's being really supportive and the buzz on the disc is growing by leaps and bounds. I feel like a very lucky artist indeed.

More about the Songs from the Set:

Two Silhoutes On The Shade:
One is my favorite of the old school covers that the Nylons rearranged and recorded, this one on the classic "One Size Fits All" (my personal favorite of The Nylons discs). Daniel and I are singing with only Jon playing bass in this arrangement which allows the classic heartbreaking story of boy who thinks his girl is cheating by spying below her window and then realizes he was just on the wrong street. One of the best of the old school vocal group songs in that the story is so precise and well expressed lyrically and melodically.

Inside Out:
The beginning of a relationship is an exciting time but also a scary experience. Will be accepted for who we truly are when we stop pretending and pull away the masks? Natural insecurities are bound to come out and I wanted to write a song about the struggle to feel lovable that we all feel.
Its true that I have rerecorded this song on each of my solo discs, I believe this time that we have finally gotten it right. You be the judge.

After You:
Living at the end of the freeway right on the ocean in Venice Beach, (the beach town mentioned in the lyric), and struggling to find balance after the end of a long term relationship..I wrote this song to express "just how far a man could fall". The song was the last one completed for the album "Micah Barnes" and ended up opening up the disc with it's deep sense of drama and loss with communication to the lover saying "I thought you'd want to know, this is what happened after you".

Don't You Forget About Me:

OK Daniel and I agreed we needed a "pop" song that would be deeply familiar to our audiences and give them the kick of memory to leave them feeling happy, (Our "in house" name for this tour has been " The Make The People Happy Tour"), but we hadn't figured out what tune would work best. I was shopping at The Metro late at night and heard this Simple Minds classic over the sound system and got a sudden shiver through my body. I guess thats when I knew we may have found our perfect slice of familiar "happiness".

No comments:

Post a Comment