Tuesday, November 27, 2012

ATLANTIC STORIES


                                                                 

This is it! I am finally on the plane to our beloved Halifax. (Porter airline which leaves from the island airport in Toronto is only minutes from my door!).
 My history with the city and the province is a long one. Way back when Daniel and I were fresh out of high school we made an East Coast swing with our Jazz Cabaret trio that included both St John's and Halifax and made for some wonderful memories.  It was then that the idea for the song "I'm Coming Home" (from the latest disc "Domesticated") was born, during a walk by the rough grandeur of the Atlantic ocean.
  I visited to perform often during my time with The Nylons and Marc Conners and I always agreed that Halifax was our favorite Canadian city (outside of Montreal of course!). The size, the history, the close knit sense of community really attracted both of us and we day dreamed about moving from our crowded Toronto lives to a kinder gentler place.

                                                                     
The last time I performed in Halifax was a few years ago as a solo artist  at the Rebecca Cohen Theatre on tour with jazz diva Molly Johnson. I had returned from California with a little disc under my arm that Molly fell in love with and she promptly invited me out to open the show and join her singing back up on her national tour. Halifax was a sweet stop for us and I vowed to return as soon as it was possible.

Thanks to a couple of dear friends in the business I am now back on the plane heading east and I can't wait to see old friends, meet new ones and enjoy the vibes  as I play shows and coach workshops through the week.

St FX Wed Nov 28th
Stayner's Thurs Nov 29th
Details up at http://www.facebook.com/events/332163900212546

Join the adventures on twitter!https://twitter.com/micahbarnes

No comments:

Post a Comment